Premises Licence Applications
Premises Licence applications are made to the local council in whose area the premise is situated. We can work with you and apply for your Premises Licence on your behalf.
- We complete the application forms (Operating Schedule) and submit the application to your local council.
- We will send copies to the 9 ‘responsible authorities’ (e.g., police and fire authority) as is required.
- We will place the advertisement of the application in the local newspaper and provide you with the A4 notice to be displayed on your premises (for the duration of the 28 day consultation period).
- We will negotiate with any concerned parties throughout the consultation period.
The cost of the new Premises Licence application service is £595. We will ask you for this fee before we commence the process. Other disbursements will be invoiced as we move forward with the application process.
The disbursements involved are:
- Council licence application fee – this varies according to the rateable value of your premises. Most premises are in Band A or Band B. the council fee for Band A is £100 and for Band B premises it is £190.
- The application for a new licence must be advertised in a local newspaper. Costs vary, but a typical cost is between £200 and £300.
- Full variation of an existing Premises Licence (£445)
- Representation at a licensing hearing (if there are objections that cannot be informally resolved – costs are agreed on a case by case basis).